First, make sure that you bring ALL of the following:
1) loose leaf notebook paper in a 3-ring binder [NOT "clean-tear" notebooks]
2) section dividers [on the supply list, this was "3 page dividers"] --general information and grammar, literature notes, writing notebook entries
3) a composition notebook for vocabulary [NOT a spiral--I DO NOT LIKE spirals.] Write your name AND locker number on the upper right of the cover.
4) a red pen--We grade assignments sometimes
5) blue or black pen / pencil (mechanical pencil) [I'm not picky about what you use unless I specifically tell you that the assignment must be in pen.]
Second, you will get the following from the teacher:
1) Write Source (red cover) Write your name AND locker number inside the front cover. Write this with INK.
2) Fundamentals of Literature (Bob Jones). Again, write your name AND locker number inside the front cover in ink. I know that these are in poor shape, but I think that they are still legible. Berean has a plan for replacing the literature curriculum with technology. Until that is in place, we will not expend the funds to replace these hardcover books that might only be used a couple of years.
Read through the syllabus that I hand out. It is also posted on the Freshmen page. Make sure you understand my policy for late work as well as for absences. I may love you (or will as I get to know you) BUT, I am not your mother. :)
My intent is not post general assignments on this website. If you are absent, check here. You will be responsible for all assignments whether or not the teacher tells you!
1) Start vocabulary entries in class.
2) Read "A Message to Garcia" by Elbert Hubbard for Wednesday. This is not in your lit. book, so I will give you a copy. [It can also be accessed on that happy place, the Interweb! "A Message to Garcia."] You will also find information under "9 English, First Semester Literature." We will discuss on Tuesday (8-21) and have a quiz on Wednesday (8-22).
3) Writing assignment: Stay tuned.