Tuesday--Hand in Essay comparing/contrasting Franklin and Paine; Discuss "Rip Van Winkle"
Wednesday--Voc 4 test; Review Voc 3 & 4; Review test next Wednesday
Thursday-- School will be dismissed at 2:42; Discuss James Fenimore Cooper. Read the Introduction.About the author only.
Friday--Discuss William Cullen Bryant and "Thanatopsis." This poem is about death and should be read in advance. Here is a link to help students understand it:
This is another site: https://www.shmoop.com/thanatopsis/poem-text.html. Feel free to explore the links on the left. The Schmoop editors have given a line-by-line analysis!
Assignment due MONDAY: Vocabulary book review for L. 3 & 4; In addition, write a sentence using a as many words as possible from lessons 3 and 4.
- Write on another piece of paper in order to hand it in.
- Use 5 words = 10/20 points
- Use 6 words = 12/20 points
- Up to 10 words = 20/20. More may be added, extra credit consideration will be given BUT the sentences MUST be well crafted and the words used accurately.
- No more than 2 adjectives may be used in a row.
- Underline and number the words sequentially before handing in.