March 1, 2016--Corrected and Revised Thesis Statement. Hand in to both instructors; hard copy only.
March, 7, 2016--Annotated References (aka Bibliography) page. Hand in hard copies; send digital copies. (Name for digital file: LastF-annotRef)
March 10, 2016--A minimum of 15 note cards are due to Mrs. Wiebe. Be sure you follow the instructions for all the points. Plan to write a total of 35 quality note cards. Hand in to Mrs. Wiebe--hard copy only.
March 22, 2016--The other half of the note cards are due (20). Hand in to Mrs. Wiebe--hard copy only.
March 24, 2016--Definite thesis and outline (to the third degree) Hand in hard copies; send digital copies. Name of file: LastF-outline.
March 28, 2016—Partial rough draft containing the 1. introduction and 2. first and 3. second points. Hand in hard copies; send digital copies. Name the file: LastF-RD1 [RD conferences: 3/24, 28, 29, 30]
April 1, 2016--Hand in the entire rough draft marked as instructed below; this should include all parts of the paper: 1) title page, 2) outline, 3) Body, 4) Annotated References. Hard copy and digital copy to Mr. Rust; digital only to Mrs. Wiebe. Name the file: LastF-RD2
- When you are through with your rough draft and it is ready to hand in, highlight the appropriate portions of the paper with colors on your word processor, or use a highlighter after it is printed. Do not substitute other colors.
- Underline the thesis statement.
- Change the font to red for every paragraph that is part of the introduction.
- Change the font to blue for every paragraph that is included in part I of your outline.
- Change the font to green for every paragraph that is included in part II of your outline.
- Change the font to yellow for every paragraph that is included in part III of your outline.
- Change the font to red for every paragraph that is in the conclusion of your paper.
- Now, highlight in some color (marking by hand: box in a color) each parenthetical documentation or citation. (You should use a source no more than three times; all sources must be used.)
- Count the words. This includes the text of the paper only, and does not include the title page, outline, or works, cited. Type the exact number as the last line under the title page information.
April 8, 2016—Final copy due by 12 noon. [Early dismissal--P&C Banquet--Classes to meet are undetermined.]
To Mrs. Wiebe: Hand in all rough drafts, all copies of Internet sources, note and source cards. [For English class: After the rough drafts are returned, we will NOT spend time working on the final copy in class other than a few “touch base” moments. During the week of April 4-8, we will be reading literature.]
To Mr. Rust: Hand in a hard copy and send a digital copy.