Tuesday--TEST over second semester authors.
Wednesday--Review information about Shakespeare and introduce Hamlet. We will be watching the Kenneth Branaugh version of Hamlet with the subtitles. It is very close to the text that we will use. Students are free to watch on their own also. We will have a TEST over every Act (There are five acts) and the final for the year will be over the entire play. In addition, students will develop a character map as a final project. The teacher will show examples in class.
For the test, know the following authors:
- Regionalists: Bierce, Jewett, Dickinson
- Realists: Howells, Clemens
- Naturalists: Crane, London, Norris
- Anti-Naturalists: Markham, Porter, Crosby
- Modern Poets: Robinson, Frost, Roethke, Pound, Williams, Sandburg, Eliot
- Modern Prose Authors: Jackson, Connell